Dr. Ashish Rawal is Board Certified in both Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. His practice is focused on Sports Medicine, arthroscopic treatment of the knee and shoulder, and cartilage restoration procedures.
While Dr. Rawal has a special interest in the arthroscopic management of shoulder and knee conditions, he uses both operative and non-operative techniques to allow his patients at all physical levels to return from their injuries back to their original level of function.
Dr. Rawal is originally from the northern suburbs of Chicago. After attending the University of Illinois for his undergraduate studies, where he received a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Biochemistry with Honors, Dr. Rawal received his Medical Doctorate (MD) degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago. He then completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Rawal attended the Methodist Sports Medicine Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, where he completed his Sports Medicine fellowship. His fellowship training focused on the arthroscopic treatment of shoulder, knee, elbow, and ankle injuries. While in Indianapolis, he provided care to athletes at various levels, including students from Indiana University, Butler University, University of Indianapolis, as well as the NFL Indianapolis Colts.
In addition to his Sports Medicine fellowship, Dr. Rawal received fellowship training in advanced cartilage restoration techniques at the Cartilage Restoration Center of Indiana. His experiences encompassed cutting edge treatment and techniques in meniscus transplant, osteochondral allograft, and autologous chondrocyte implantation (ACI).
As an Associate Master Instructor for the Arthroscopy Association of North America, Dr. Rawal devotes time outside of his clinical practice to teach the newest techniques in arthroscopic surgery to orthopaedic surgeons from around the world.
- Diplomate American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery / Sports Medicine
- Methodist Sports Medicine Center, Indianapolis
Fellowship Orthopaedic Sports Medicine / Arthroscopy
- Cartilage Restoration Center of Indiana, Indianapolis
Fellowship Orthopaedic Sports Medicine / Cartilage Restoration
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago,IL
Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
Doctor of Medicine
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL
Bachelor of Science, Biochemistry, Cum Laude
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Diplomate
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fellow Member
- Arthroscopy Association of North America, Fellow Member
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Candidate Member
- Assistant Team Physician NFL Indianapolis Colts, 2005-2006
- Assistant Team Physician Indiana University, 2005-2006
- Assistant Team Physician University of Indianapolis, 2005-2006
- Assistant Team Physician University of Illinois at Chicago, 2000-2005
- Instructor, Arthroscopy Association of North America, Optimizing and Broadening Your Arthroscopic Skills Senior Resident Course. Orthopaedic Learning Center, Rosemont, Illinois. October 14-16, 2010
- Instructor, University of Illinois at Chicago, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Resident Arthroscopy Instructional Course. Orthopaedic Learning Center. Rosemont, Illinois. January 9, 2010
- Instructor, Arthroscopy Association of North America, The Masters Experience. Orthopaedic Learning Center, Rosemont, Illinois. December 5-7, 2009