Dr. Shahrokhi completed his orthopaedic training in Adelaide followed by further subspecialty training in Toronto, Canada.
He has a special interest in the treatment of sports knee injuries and returning athletes back to sport. He has expertise in Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Reconstruction, complex knee reconstruction, joint preserving procedures and osteotomies.
Dr. Shahrokhi utilizes the latest advances in Orthopaedics including Robotic Assisted Knee Replacement, Direct Anterior Approach (DAA) hip replacement and Arthrosocpic shoulder reconstruction.
Dr. Shahrokhi prides himself in helping patients recover from injuries and regaining their function.
Qualifications & Experience
- Honours Bachelor of Science, University of Toronto, Canada, 1997
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Flinders University, Adelaide, 2002
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates Certificate, USA, 2004
- Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada, 2005
- Associate Lecturer, University of Adelaide, 2008 - current
- Treasurer, South Australian Orthopaedic Registrars Association, 2010-2013
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, 2014
- Clinical Fellowship, Lower Limb Reconstruction and Traumatology, St. Michael’s Hospital, Toronto, Canada, 2014
- Clinical Fellowship, University of Toronto Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Toronto, Canada, 2015
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Sports injuries
- Hip arthroscopy and replacement
- Knee arthroscopy, reconstruction and replacement
- Shoulder arthroscopy and reconstruction
- Trauma and fracture management
Awards & Achievements
- Adelaide University Soccer Club, Mitre Cup, Runners-up, 2004
- Adelaide University Soccer Club, Division 1 Reserves Champions, 2008
- RJ Bauze Award, Best Presentation, Annual Scientific Meeting, South Australian Orthopaedic Association, 2012
- Runner-up Research Award, Australian Orthopaedic Association Registrars Conference, 2012
- Excellence in Research Award, University of Toronto Orthopaedic Fellowship Research Conference, 2015
Consultations available at
- SPORTSMED·SA Stepney
- SPORTSMED·SA Woodville
- SPORTSMED·SA Darwin