Dr. Cary Templin specializes in the operative and non-operative treatment of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. Dr. Templin is an expert in minimally invasive surgical procedures. His practice includes spinal decompression and fusion, microsurgery and motion-preserving procedures, including artificial disc replacement.
Dr. Templin received his Medical Doctorate from University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, finished his orthopaedic surgery residency at Northwestern University, and went on to complete his spine surgery fellowship at the University of California. He is board certified in orthopaedic surgery and spinal surgery.
Dr. Templin’s goal is to first diagnose a patient’s pain source so that treatment is successful in alleviating the symptoms. His experienced team prides themselves on spending time with their patients and making sure that they are comfortable and well-informed regarding their diagnosis and treatment plan. Dr. Templin and his team focus on their quality of care so they can improve each patient’s quality of life.
- Fellowship, Spinal Surgery, University of California, San Diego, CA
- Residency, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Internship, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- M.D., University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Spinal Surgery
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner (ABIME)
Areas of Specialty
- Adult & Pediatric Spinal Disorders
- Cervical, Thoracic, & Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Spinal Decompression & Fusion
- Spinal Instrumentation
Current & Previous Appointments:
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Staff Physician, Presence St. Joseph Medical Center, Silver Cross Hospital, Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Author/co-author of orthopaedic and spine-related research publications and text books
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Association – Emerging Leaders Program
- North American Spine Society
- Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery