Dr. Myer graduated from The Ohio State University College of Medicine in 2006. He works in Akron, Ohio as an Orthopaedic Surgeon. Dr. Myer specializes in athletic injuries, joint replacement surgery (knee and shoulder) and orthopaedic fracture management. He is affiliated with the Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center.
- Sports Medicine Injuries
- Arthroscopic Surgery of the Knee, Shoulder & Elbow
- Knee & Shoulder Joint Replacement Surgery
- Orthopaedic Trauma
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Research of Virginia
- Summa Health System
- The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center, Akron Ohio
- Summa Health Systems, Akron Ohio
- Western Reserve Hospital, Akron Ohio
- Summa Orthopaedic Resident Conference Lectures: 2012-present (Revision ACL Reconstruction, Patellar Instability, Unstable Knee: Multiligament Knee Trauma, Shoulder Instability, Shoulder Arthroplasty, Proximal Hamstring Repair, Knee Osteochondral Defects, ACL / PCL Reconstruction, Knee Exam, Shoulder Exam, The Thrower’s Shoulder, The Thrower’s Elbow)
- Surgical Approach to Patellofemoral Pathologies: Summa Sports Health Symposium, 2015
- ACL Reconstruction in Combination with Other Repairs: Summa Sports Health Symposium, 2014
- Hamstring Avulsion Injuries and Repair / Implications for Rehab: Summa Sports Health Symposium, 2013
- Cartilage Injuries in the Athlete: Akron Children’s Hospital Sports Medicine Conference, 2012
- Joint Pain: What is It and Why You Don’t Have to Live with It, Community Health Talk; Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. October 2012
- Pediatric Sports Medicine: Treating the Young Athlete; Ohio University, Athens Ohio; November, 2011
- Myer DM, Purnell GJ, Caldwell PE 3rd, Pearson SE. ORV Arthroscopic reduction and internal fixation of tibial eminence fractures. Journal of Arthroscopy, Arthroscopic Techniques 2013 Sept13:2(4)e341-5.
- Myer CA, Hegedus EJ, Tarara DT, Myer DM. A user’s guide to performance of the best shoulder physical examination tests. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2013 Sep;47(14):903-7.
- Myer DM, Caldwell PE 3rd. ORV Arthroscopic transosseous bony Bankhart repair. Journal of Arthroscopy, Arthroscopic Techniques. 2012 Oct5;1(2):e193-9.
- Hegedus EJ, Goode AP, Cook CE, Michener L, Myer CA, Myer DM, Wright AA. Which physical exam tests provide clinicians with the most value when examining the shoulder? Update of a systematic review with meta-analysis of individual tests. British Journal of Sports Medicine 2012 Nov 46(14):964-978.
- Myer DM, Weiner SD, Noe D, Speering L, Kotran S, Askew MJ. A biomechanical analysis of plate osteosynthesis and cortical contact percentages in a humerus pathologic fracture model. Summa Health Systems, Post-Graduate Day; Akron, OH. 2011
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association Annual Meeting; Tucson, AZ. 2011
- The Cleveland Orthopaedic Society Meeting; Cleveland, OH. 2011
- Myer DM, Bell RH. Instability after total shoulder arthroplasty. Seminars in Arthroplasty 21(3): 191-194, 2010.
- Kloos AD, Fisher LC, Hassenzahl DL, Myer DM, Detloff MR, Basso DM. Thresholds of motor and sensory recovery after incremental spinal cord injury in rats and the critical descending systems that support them. Program No. 498.4. 2003 Abstract Viewer/Itinerary Planner. Washington, D.C.: Society for Neuroscience.
- American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting, Nashville, TN. 2004
- The Ohio State University Medical Center Graduate and Postgraduate Research Day, Columbus, OH. 2004
- Tenth Annual Kentucky Spinal Cord and Head Injury Research Symposium, Lexington, KY. 2004
- Myer D; Weiner SD. A 40-year-old woman with a painless enlarging thigh mass. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 409: 325-31, 2003.
- Pollard MA; Myer D; Senior M; Weiner SD. Foot pain in a 16-year-old boy. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 394: 309-312, 2002.