- Board Certified/ Fellowship Trained
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Specializes in Disorders of the Hips, Knees, & Shoulders
- 2013 and 2014 “Attending of the Year” University of South Florida Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
David Cheong, M.D., is a fellowship trained, Board certified orthopaedic surgeon. Trained in orthopaedic onocology and complex joint reconstruction, Dr Cheong started his training at Orlando Regional Medical Center and completed his Fellowship in Musculoskelatel Oncology at the University of Miami. Awarded the honor of 2013 Attending of the Year, he is an Associate Professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of South Florida, where he has helped train and mentor both orthopaedic surgery residents and medical students.
Dr. Cheong is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Musculoskeletal Tumor Society, International Society of Limb Salvage, and a Board of Councilor member to the Florida Orthopaedic Society.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Malignant and Benign disorders of the musculskeletal system
- Limb Preservation Surgeries: Bone and Soft Tissue Reconstruction
- Complex Orthopaedic Joint Reconstruction/Total Joint Arthroplasty
- Non-Invasive Expandable Limb Implants for Pediatric Malignant Bone Tumors
- Computer Navigation and Complex Orthopaedic Reconstructive Surgery
- Evaluation and Treatment of Pathologic Fractures, Impending Fractures, and Fractures due to Metastatic Disease
- Orthopaedic Oncology