Dr Chad Todhunter is an Australian-trained Orthopaedic surgeon, born and bred on the South Coast, NSW. After completing his orthopaedic training, he has now returned back to the area and set up his permanent practice.
He has trained with Australia’s leading shoulder surgeons followed by a one-year international fellowship in hip and knee surgery at the Manchester Orthopaedic Centre. This is one of the highest volume joint replacement centres in the United Kingdom. He also undertook additional training in London, Switzerland and Singapore in shoulder, robotic knee and anterior approach hip replacement.
He has extensive experience in trauma surgery, having worked in some of the busiest trauma centres in NSW, including Sydney Children’s Hospital.
By being accessible to patients and their general practitioners, Dr Todhunter aims to provide first-class care and improve the orthopaedic service in the South Coast.
- Bachelor of Medical Science (University of Wollongong)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery with Honours (University of Sydney)
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association
Areas of Interest
- Primary and revision total hip replacement (Including direct anterior approach)
- Primary and revision partial and total knee replacement (Including robotic assisted)
- Knee arthroscopy
- Knee reconstructive procedures including all-inside ACL reconstruction, multi-ligament reconstruction and patella-femoral stabilisation
- Arthroscopic and open shoulder procedures including rotator cuff repair and stabilisation
- Shoulder replacement
- Upper and lower limb trauma (Adult and Paediatric)