Dr Kirwan qualified from the University of New South Wales in 1985. He gained fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 1994 and the Australian Orthopaedic Association in 1996
Dr Kirwan aims to relieve pain, restore hip and knee function and return you to work, sport or pleasure, using modern and bone conserving technology.
Dr David Kirwan is the most recognised Orthopaedic Surgeon in Albury/Wodonga. He is experienced in treating lower limb conditions. He specialises in diagnosing and treating hip and knee conditions. He has a very low complication rate.
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery MB BS (UNSW) Honours Class One
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons FRACS (1994)
- Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association AOA (1996)
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Insight Clinic Private Hospital.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Albury Wodonga Private Hospital
- Former Consultant, Honorary Surgeon and Head of Department of Orthopaedics, Albury Base Hospital.
Presentations & Ongoing Educations
Dr Kirwan has travelled to multiple International Hip & Knee Surgery meetings.
He has also visited multiple surgeons and operating theatres in
- France and
These visits continue each year, and have been an ongoing focus for over 20 years. They have resulted in the introduction, i.e. the pioneering of multiple new orthopaedic technologies and surgical techniques to Australia over the last 20 years.
Research & Development
- Introduction of first Puddu-Plate Opening Wedge Osteotomies, to Australia, 1997. Introduction of first Image-Free Computer Navigation Total Knee Replacement system to Australia in 2001.
- World first reported Computer Navigated Tibial and Femoral Osteotomy 2002.
- World first reported Computer Navigated Uni-compartmental Knee Replacement 2002.
- Aesculap B. Braun Patient Specific Knee Replacement Instrumentation - lead surgeon and Australian surgeon instructor.
- Corin Minihip Australian lead surgeon