Dr Sanjay Joshi is an orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in trauma, general orthopaedics and arthroscopic surgery of the knee and shoulder.
After completing basic medical training in Mumbai, India, Dr Joshi went on to undertake his orthopaedic training and education in India, South Africa and Australia.
Dr Joshi worked in private practice in South Africa as a general orthopaedic surgeon for 10 years before migrating to Australia in 2005 where he took a position as staff specialist with Queensland Health and qualified as a Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
Currently Dr Joshi sees patients in his rooms at Mater Private Clinic and operates from Mater Private Hospital Redland.
- FRACS, Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- CIME, Certified Independent Medical Examiner from American Board of Independent Medical Examiners (ABIME)
- FCS, Fellow of College of Surgeons (South Africa)
- MS. Master of Surgery (Bombay University)
- D-Orth, Diploma in Orthopaedic Surgery from College of Physicians and Surgeons, Bombay
- MBBS Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery Bombay University
- SSO Specialist Service Officer Royal Military College of Australia
- Private Practice at Mater Private Hospital Redland
- Private Practice at Sunnybank Private Hospital
- Private practice at Kingaroy Private Hospital
- Independent Medical Examiner (IME) for WorkCover Queensland
- Member of Medical Advisory Committee at Mater Private Hospital Redland
- Member of Medical Advisory Committee at Kingaroy Private Hospital
- Australian Army reservist Orthoapedic Surgeon
Dr Joshi has gained following Orthopaedic experience:
- Completed residency twice. (India and South Africa= total 8 years)
- Worked as Specialist in teaching hospitals in Mumbai, South Africa and Australia. ( about 5 years)
- Private Practice as an Orthopaedic Surgeon in India, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and Australia
( about 14 years)
- Associate member of Australian Orthopaedic association
- Member of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of AMA
- Member of Queensland Shoulder society