Glen McClung, M.D. is an orthopaedic surgeon and sports medicine doctor who joined Beacon Orthopaedics in 2011. Dr. McClung’s passion is supporting high school athletes. He enjoys empowering them to prevent injuries and recover quickly if they get hurt.
Specializing in sports medicine and orthopaedic surgery, Dr. McClung sees patients at multiple facilities for their convenience. He generally holds clinics at Beacon East in Anderson, Beacon Summit Woods in Sharonville, and Beacon NKY in Erlanger. He specializes in sports medicine and treatment of elbow, hip, knee, and shoulder injuries, including fractures.
Additionally, Dr.Glen McClung currently provides sports medicine care for several local high schools. He enjoys teaching preventative methods to avoid injuries, as well as initiating the recovery process as soon as an injury takes place. Both of these are crucial for high school athletes, especially in cases involving sports medicine or fractures.
Dr. McClung earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from Davidson College and went on to study medicine at the West Virginia School of Medicine.
He completed his Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at the Medical College of Ohio in Toledo, and performed his Fellowship of Sports Medicine at the Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center in Jackson. Dr. Glen McClung moved to Cincinnati after practicing with Commonwealth Orthopedics in Lexington, KY for six years.
- B.S., Chemistry, Davidson College Davidson, NC 1991-1995
- M.D., West Virginia School of Medicine Morgantown, WV 1995-1999
- Medical College of Ohio Toledo, OH 1999-2000
- Medical College of Ohio Toledo, OH 2000-2004
- Board Certified, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, 2009
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2008
- Advanced Trauma Life Support, 2000
- Certificate of Qualification – Sports Medicine