- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Hand & Elbow Surgery
- Sports Injuries of the Upper Extremity
"I enjoy the challenge of correcting upper extremity problems, whether through surgical or nonsurgical methods."
Introduction: J. Theodore Schwartz, Jr., M.D.
- Fellowship, Orthopaedic Surgery and Hand Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification for Hand Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Dr. Schwartz attended the University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore, MD, where he graduated with honors as a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. He completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
Dr. Schwartz received the Henry L. Meyerding Award from the American Fracture Association in 1989 and later completed the Harvard Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship in Boston, MA. Additionally, he received a Certificate of Added Qualification for Hand Surgery.
Dr. Schwartz specializes in reconstructive surgery and disorders of the hand, elbow, and shoulder. He also has special expertise in surgery of the upper extremity.
Dr. Schwartz is pleased to work with Josef Maier, PA-C, an orthopedic board-certified Physician Assistant.
Patient Education Videos
- Arthroscopic Debridement Elbow
- Aspiration Olecranon Bursa
- Basal Joint
- De Quervain's Release
- Digital Mucus Cyst Excision
- Distal Radius Fracture Repair with Volar Plate
- Finger Fracture Fixation
- Ganglion Cyst Excision
- Limited Palmar Fasciectomy Dupuytren's Contracture
- Open Carpel Tunnel Release
- Scaphoid Fracture Fixation
- Trigger Finger Release
- Ulnar Nerve Transposition
- Wrist Fusion