Dr. Harreld is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in care of complex shoulder and elbow disorders. He attended the University of Louisville School of Medicine before completing his orthopaedic surgery residency at Wake Forest University. He went on to pursue further subspecialty training in shoulder and elbow surgery at the Florida Orthopedic Institute. He has been in practice in Louisville, KY since 2011. His areas of interest include primary and revision shoulder arthroplasty, as well as open and arthroscopic techniques of shoulder reconstruction, including rotator cuff repairs and instability surgery.
Dr. Harreld currently practices at both Sts. Mary and Elizabeth Hospital and KentuckyOne Jewish Medical Center East.
Specialties & Qualifications
Orthopedic surgeons diagnose and treat ailments affecting muscles, bones and joints, treating sports injuries, degenerative diseases, tumors, infections, and birth defects. They regularly perform joint repair and replacement operations.
Subspecialties: General Orthopedic Surgery
Education & Medical Training
- Wake Forest University
Residency, Orthopedic Surgery
- University of Louisville School of Medicine
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- KY State Medical License
Active through 2018
- FL State Medical License
Active through 2012
Publications & Presentations
- Correlation of subjective and objective measures before and after shoulder arthroplasty. Harreld, K.,Clark, R.,Downes, K.,Virani, N.,Frankle, M.; Orthopedics. 2013 Jun 12.
- Isometric strength, range of motion, and impairment before and after total and reverse shoulder arthroplasty.Puskas, B.,Harreld, K.,Clark, R.,Downes, K.,Virani, N. A.,Frankle, M.; J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2013 Jul.
- Massive Rotator Cuff Tears without Arthropathy: When to Consider Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty.Harreld, K.L., Puskas, B.L., Frankle, M.; J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011 May 18.
- Orthopaedic . radiology . pathology conference: Painful palmar mass in a 36-year-old woman.Harreld, K.L., Li, H., Li, Z.; Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010-03-01.
- Lunate-lunate facet ratio and variance to predict articular gap after distal radius fracture.Harreld, K.L., Apel, P., Koman, L.A., Li, Z.; J Hand Surg Am. 2009-11-01.
- Small-diameter percutaneous decompression for osteonecrosis of the shoulder.Harreld, K.L., Marulanda, G.A., Ulrich, S.D., Marker, D.R., Seyler, T.M., Mont, M.A.; Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2009-07-01.
- Osteonecrosis of the humeral head.Harreld, K.L., Marker, D.R., Wiesler, E.R., Shafiq, B., Mont, M.A.; J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2009-06-01.
- Self-reported outcomes after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: an internal health locus of control score comparison.Nyland, J., Cottrell, B., Harreld, K., Caborn, D. N.; Arthroscopy. 2006 Nov.
- Self-reported patient outcomes after ACL reconstruction with allograft tissue.Harreld, K., Nyland, J., Cottrell, B., Caborn, D. N.; Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Dec.
- Intramedullary fixation of distal radius fractures.Harreld, K., Li, Z.; Hand Clin. 2010 Aug.