Dr. Durkin began practicing in the western suburbs of Chicago in 1999, joining Hinsdale Orthopaedics in 2002. He is sought out by patients for treatment in general orthopaedics, fracture care, joint replacement, and sports medicine. Dr. Durkin specializes in innovative procedures such as MAKOplasty® robotic partial knee replacement and computer assisted knee surgery. He previously served as the team physician for York, Immaculate Conception, and Willowbrook High Schools.
After graduating from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a degree in bioengineering, Dr. Durkin went on to earn his medical degree in 1993 from the University of Illinois Medical School in Chicago. He completed his internship and orthopaedic residency at the University of Illinois Hospitals and Clinics in Chicago. His training included rotations through University of Illinois Hospitals, Cook County Hospital, Christ Hospital, Shriner’s Hospital for Crippled Children, Ravenswood Hospital, Michael Reese Hospital, and Chicago West Side Veterans Administration Hospital.
Dr. Durkin has performed the most mako robotic knee replacements in Illinois.
- Residency, University of Illinois Hospitals and Clinics, Chicago, IL
- Internship, University of Illinois Hospitals and Clinics, Chicago, IL
- M.D., University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Areas of Specialty
- General Orthopaedics
- Knee Arthroscopy & ACL Reconstruction
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Shoulder, Hip & Knee Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Trauma & Fracture Management
Current & Previous Appointments
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Staff Physician, Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Advocate Good
- Samaritan Hospital, Elmhurst Memorial Hospital, Munster
- Specialty Surgical Center, Salt Creek Surgical Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- DuPage Medical Society
- Illinois State Medical Society