Mr Kalyan following his extensive unique experience for last 20 years from numerous world renowned spinal centres, exclusively provides service as Consultant Spinal surgeon in both Adult and Paediatric spine. Mr Kalyan’s passion is "to alleviate the pain and disability arising due to various aspects of spinal pathologies".
After his graduation in 1990, Mr Kalyan started his training in Spinal Surgery in the famous institution Christian Medical College Hospital in India. In 1996, he was elected for the travelling fellowship to visit few distinguished spinal surgeons. In Europe, he got advanced training in spinal surgery by attaining the prestigious fellowship in Germany(1997) and Paris(1998).
In UK, from 1998 onwards, he undertook further extensive training and fellowships in Spinal Surgery under various eminent surgeons in Edinburgh, Belfast, Stanmore, London and Nottingham. He obtained his accreditation in Trauma and Orthopaedics, by undertaking the Northern Ireland and Stanmore Orthopaedic rotations.
His broad training and experiences from numerous excellent centres under many legends, enables him to give his patients a comprehensive outstanding treatment.
Mr Kalyan lectures in various international & national meetings on management of spinal conditions. As an Honorary Lecturer in Teesside University, he regularly takes active part in teaching and training the spine carers from different background. As a Clinical lecturer in London UCL in the past, he had excellent experience in conducting various courses and teaching programmes.
He is a keen researcher and takes active part in research focusing on various aspects of spinal surgery. He was awarded the MD degree and has won many prizes for his high-quality research work on spinal pathologies.
His practice covers all aspects of spine, from neck to tail bone, covering all age groups and all common spine pathologies –
|• Back pain & Sciatica
• Neck pain & Radicular pain
• Coccyx pain
|• Spine arthritis & Degenerative spine
• Spine fractures
• Spinal deformity
Mr Kalyan has a methodical and comprehensive approach to patient’s diagnosis and management. He successfully treats most of his patients using simple non-operative measures like appropriate medical advice, specialised physiotherapy exercises, postural training, braces and spinal injections.
He undertakes surgery only failing the appropriate conservative treatment. He chooses simple surgical technique that is tailored to the individual patient's needs, to achieve the best long-term functional outcome. He prefers minimally invasive decompression or fusion or disc replacement using state of the art instrumentation with minimal soft tissue disruption. For further information: Service offered
- FRCS (Tr & Ortho)
- DNB Orth Surg
- D.Ortho Eng
- Hospital Saint Vincent De Paul, Paris, France
- Berck-sur-Mer, Institute Calot, France
- Klinkum Karlsbad, Germany
- Princess Margaret Rose Orthopaedic Hosp, Edinburgh
- Musgravepark Hosp & Royal Victoria Hosp, Belfast
- Royal National Orthopaedics Hospital, Stanmore
- Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham
- Cromwell Hospital, London
- Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury
- Barnet General Hospital, London
- Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore, India
- British Association of Spinal Surgeon
- British Scoliosis Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Spine Arthroplasty Society
- World Orthopaedic Concern
- National Academy of Medical Sciences
Mr Kalyan wishes to dedicate his skills to the following Spinal legends & Gurus, under whom he trained
- Prof J Dubouset (Paris)
- Prof J Harms (Germany)
- Mr D Chopin (Berck-Sur-Mer, France)
- Mr H Crock (London)
- Mr M McMaster (Edinburgh)
- Mr Hamilton, Mr P Nolan, Mr N Eames & Mr E Cooke, (Belfast)
- Mr Bajekal (Barnet, London)
- Mr A Gibson (Stanmore, London)
- Mr T Morley (Stanmore, London)!
- Mr H Mehdian, (Queen Medical centre, Nottingham)
- Prof GD Sundararaj (Vellore, India)