Gandhi Medical College
Internship & Residency
New Rochelle Hospital, NY
Jewish Hospital and Medical Center, NY
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Special Procedures & Techniques
Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic Surgery, Cartilage Transplant, Workplace Injuries
Dr. Chandra is the founder and director of Center for Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, Inc. He has been practicing Orthopaedic Surgery in the Washington DC Metropolitan area since 1984, with special interest in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, knee, ankle, elbow, and wrist including major reconstructive surgery for all athletic injuries. He is skilled in cartilage replacement and transplant surgery and uses these methods when appropriate. Dr Chandra is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery, by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is also one of the first few orthopaedic surgeons to receive subspecialty board certification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
His goal is to provide state-of-the-art orthopaedic and sports medicine care for each and every patient. He educates all his patients of their condition and encourages them to participate in the decision making process. He is fully involved in rehabilitating his patients after surgery and directs his physiotherapy team in this process.
He frequently attends national and international meetings on topics pertinent to his practice in order to present cases and keep up with the latest developments. He has lectured on subjects related to knee and shoulder reconstruction and arthroscopic surgery at national seminars.
Dr. Chandra is an avid skier and a tennis enthusiast. Also, he holds a private pilot license with instrument rating, and enjoys flying as a recreation.
Dr. Chandra's certifications and memberships:
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery by American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery ( 3 Times )
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine by American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Active Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Active Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Active member, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Active member International Society for Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- Active member, Medical Society of Virginia
- Delegate to the Medical Society House of Delegates - 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001
- Member, Board of Directors, Fairfax County Medical Society - 1999, 2000, 2001
- Member, District of Columbia Orthopedic Society
- Team Physician for McLean High School since 1987
- Chairman, Department of Orthopaedics, Columbia Reston Hospital Center - 1996-2000