+ Orthopaedic surgery - Shoulder & Upper Limb
Mr Talaat Al-Atassi is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specializing in shoulder, upper limb and trauma surgery. Mr Atassi works as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in Salford Royal Foundation NHS Trust and holds.
Mr Atassi developed his expertise from holding several fellowships sub-specialising in Trauma & Shoulder Surgery in Nottingham, London and Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals.
His surgical practice focuses on shoulder, elbow and upper limb conditions including sport injuries, shoulder instability, rotator cuff tears, tennis and golfer’s elbow, frozen shoulder, arthritis, trauma and fractures.
He specialises in keyhole (arthroscopic) surgery, open shoulder surgery and fracture fixation. His preferred approach is to perform arthroscopic procedures under regional anaesthesia without general anaesthesia if desired by patient. This gives the patient the opportunity to watch the key-hole procedure on screen and understand more about his condition and the implemented treatment; avoiding in the same time the undesired side effects of general anaesthesia.
Beside arthroscopic surgery Mr Atassi interests include peripheral nerve decompressions, joint replacement, treatment of tennis and golfer's elbow and the treatment of fractures and traumatic injuries.
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Shoulder & Elbow Society (BESS)
- British Trauma Society (BTS)
- Shoulder Pain
- Shoulder Impingement and Rotator cuff disease
- Shoulder Arthritis, Shoulder Replacement surgery
- Sports injuries
- Shoulder Instability recurrent dislocation
- Management of fractures and dislocations Upper & Lower Limb
- Frozen Shoulder Treatment
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
- Cubital Tunnel and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Median & Ulnar Nerve Release