Mr. Haemish Crawford
Mr. Haemish Crawford, FRACS
Mr. Haemish CrawfordHas specialized in hip arthroscopy since 1999 and has helped pioneer this procedure in New Zealand. He has presented papers at conferences on the technique and is very active in continuing research in both clinical outcomes of this procedure and basic science.
Dr Crawford is a "cradle to grave" hip surgeon who has a paediatric orthopaedic position at the Starship Children’s Hospital and performs his adult arthroscopy and joint replacement surgery at the MercyAscot hospital in Auckland. He has post graduate fellowship training in sports surgery and joint replacement and revision surgery from the University of Western Ontario, Canada (1997- 1998) and paediatric surgery at University of Iowa, USA (1998 – 1999).
Dr Crawford has performed over 350 hip arthroscopies and the procedures carried out are:
- Femoroacetabular impingement correction ( CAM and Pincer excision and labral repair)
- Microfracture for articular cartilage damage
- Labral repair
- Removal of loose bodies ( fracture fragments, synovial chondromatosis ….)
- Diagnostic (occasionally, and preop assessment before osteotomy)
- Reshaping femoral head ( Perthes disease, SUFE …)